1, make a point of 确定会做某事，一定要做某事
- Each of them would make a point of eating a cracker or a biscuit in full view of the dog.
- He revealed: “I make a point of watching the Jinky video whenever I can.
- Most importantly, make a point of actively managing your own career.
2, to the point of 到…的程度
- His face was hollowed out to the point of emaciation.
- He was anxious to the point of neurosis.
3, on the point of 正要… 相当于on the verge of/on the brink of
- I was on the point of going to bed when you rang.
- I was on the point of communicating with him by paper.
- For a moment they seemed almost on the point of blows.