根据说话人所处相对位置，短语go back和come back的使用是不一样的。但用法基本上和单词go和come一致。另外，return可以代替go back和come back，也就是说一时想不清楚到底用短语go back还是短语come back时，直接用return就好。
- Are you going to the pub tonight?
- Let’s go and see Auntie Mary before the holiday is over.
- They’ve gone to live in Australia and I don’t think they’ll ever come back.
2, 短语go back和come back的区别与单词go和come的区别是一样的，而且都可以用return代替。比如：
- You must have come back / returned very late last night.I didn’t hear you come in.
- He went back / returned to Mexico when he had finished post-graduate training.
3, 但是，当我们要表示参加说话者（或对方）的某种行动或活动时，不论相对位置，习惯上用come with而不是go with.比如：
- I’m going to the hospital this afternoon to get the test results. Could you come with me?
- We’re going to Egypt for a week at Christmas . Would you like to come with us?
其实，go和back的区别非常类似于之前所说的“bring, take, fetch和get的区别”.