bring, take, fetch和get是4个特别容易混淆的简单动词，都表示把某人或某物从一个位置带到另外一个位置。但是，根据说话者和事物所在的不同位置关系，它们的用法是不一样的。
简单的说，bring表示“带来、拿来、取来”，而take表示“带走”，与bring相反。从别处把某人或某物带到或拿到说话者所在的地点来（something moves from there to here），就用bring；从说话者所在地把某人或某物带去或拿走就用take（something moves from here to there）.
- I’m glad you brought me to this shop. It’s great!
- I’ll bring the map with me on the trip.
- My books are upstairs; will you bring them down?
- The coach took the boys to football field.
- Jack took his laptop with him on his trip.
- We’ll take the students to the middle school．
Fetch和Get用法相同，都表示到某处去，然后把某人或物来回来（going somewhere and getting something and then bringing it back）。有“去拿回来”的意思。Fetch用在英式英语(British English)中， get用在美式英语 (American English)中。
- Could you get the newspaper?
- She fetched her diary and showed him the entry.